Congratulations on your new Mobile App!

Now what next? Well, you need the app to be hosted on Appstore and PlayStore so that it can be available to users for download.

Many times, mobile applications requires constant backend interaction due to the user interaction, hence the need for a solid and consistent infrastructure. This is referred to as application hosting and it makes your app available from an invisible cloud infrastructure that gets accessed through the Internet.

Unless you’re a big company who can afford to build an infrastructure and hire a team of technical experts to setup application servers, outsourcing to a hosting provider does the heavy lifting for you and also saves much cost and efforts.

Ready to learn the steps involved in brining your mobile APP project to live?  Let’s get started!

Mobile app hosting

1. Virtual Private Server (VPS)

Mobile applications often requires optimum amount of compute resources including speed and memory to run and perform well. With a virtual private server, you have complete freedom to do what you want and when you want thanks to one physical machine that’s entirely at your disposal. Virtual Servers provide the flexibility to run your business applications precisely, and as you see fit. At GrowSyn, our Virtual Private Server are provisioned with Fast enterprise-grade SSD or NVMe storage to deliver maximum performance and reliability for your applications.

VPS often affords the functionality to build your app from ground up, you have root access to the server which allows you to do so. Since most VPS plans are based around the amount of RAM and Disk space, it is important to choose the plan with sufficient resources for your applications. That’s why GrowSyn offers two category levels to choose from: General Purpose and Memory-Optimized servers. Also, it is easy to scale-up or scale-down server resources without any downtime or complications.

Most VPS providers require that you opt for VPS management support which costs more. At Growsyn we offer free server management starting from setup to upgrades, maintenance and migration.

2. Publishing Your App

There are two popular mobile phone operating systems. Android and iOS. The programming language for each is different so also the way their applications behave.


The android app is hosted and is made available to users for download via Google Play. The administrator is required to register an account Google Play as a developer which costs $25. This payment is one-off and allows you to upload as many mobile apps as you want for a lifetime. A few constraints may give a bit of headache, such as .apk file size, etc.

Basically, the application size matters as per the guidelines of the Google Play store. Starting from August 2021, all apps will be published with the Android App Bundle on Google Play. The files larger than 150 MB needs to use either Play Asset Delivery or Play Feature Delivery.


In order to host your iOS app on the Appstore, you need to enrol for the Apple developer license which costs $99 per year. This license needs to be renewed every year or else your app will be removed from the store. Also, a valid Apple ID and DUNS number is required to create the developer account. Furthermore, if your app is monetized, Apple will take 30% from the revenue as tax and the remaining 70% will be credited into your account.


Wants move on with your Application hosting?